Saturday, April 14, 2007

6 days to D Day

Well, 6 days to D day! Very little time and even more little time for me to get ready for it. By this time next week, me and mom would be in air, somewhere between Heathrow and Newark, over the ocean.

Today, while I was driving, I took a few seconds to think about what Im looking forward to and what I would be missing when I go to America. Few things came to my mind and I put a litte more thought and have listed down them down.

What Im looking forward to..
  1. Meeting my sweet little sister and taking my mom to America.
  2. All the amazing places in America. Touring and Visiting places along with my mom, sister and everybody.


  1. Movies (without intervals and good audience) and netflix (what a wonderful concept!).
  2. More money, the green currency(not too much though) and lesser expensive gadgets.


  3. Lesser pollution (dont know if that will be the case, coz going to stay in journal square, supposed to be sort of indian terrain in New Jersey).
  4. Well mannered people, good traffic system.
  5. Regular office timings (unlike here, working 2-11pm for months together) and more time at home.
  6. Weekly 1 day working from home (that just sounds amazing, Im just so happy even thinking about it).
  7. No tie (hip, hip, hurray!! my current employer has this ties on mondays and tuesdays rule in office in india alone! That sucks! I hate it more than anything else. So much so that when I joined this firm and the first few days, I thought I might as well hang from the same tie!).

Things I would miss

  1. India. No matter how much ever we brood about the country, the people, the politicians, the system and everything else, it is still India. My own India.

  1. Home and Chennai. Even though mom is accompanying me to America, I still would miss home in chennai, no matter how hard I try, America would still be alien to me and me alien to America!
  2. Trading in the Indian Stock Markets. Because of the time shift, Indian market will be open past midnight US time.sob sob. But it is also good in a way, because if I dont trade atleast one thing is gauranteed, I wouldnt lose any money!
  3. Not having to follow any rules. Are there any in India in the first place? My office does though, lots of them. I hate rules that keep reminding you that it is a rule. My office has lots of them.
  4. All my friends. Thinking for a few seconds, I realize most of my friends are not in Chennai, but still!

  5. The big, mad crowd almost everywhere and especially in theatres, would definitely miss watching Sivaji in India.

  6. Driving on Indian roads, it is the best driving test one could take in the whole world. With all the traffic, the lack of rules, poorly laid roads and lack of driving discipline, everyday driving becomes like playing a video game, where almost every moving object on road would seem to collide with your course. To come out unscratched after a days driving is itself an achievement. I would miss driving in Chennai roads.

Summing everything up and considering the fact that I will probably be there for a year or less, I think the things I look forward to outnumber the things I would miss. And thats the reason, I guess, I dont feel like I would be missing much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dude, bon voyage... talk to you sometime next week...

Rex Maximus said...

Expect too much and you will be disappointed. Try ;-) to have a good time while you are there and do keep us updated of your activities. ¡Buenos viaje!

Rajesh Gunasekaran said...

Thanks folks! I feel happy thinking about next week!!