Sunday, May 13, 2007

Good week finally

What a week it has been! This week was by far the best week since I came to the US.

Wednesday, May 09

I got the camera delivered from amazon. Sony T100, the one I mentioned in my last post. A stunner!! And my first macro shot taken using the camera is there for everybody to see, below!



Thursday, May 10

Finally, booked a house, after so much deliberation. I finally settled for a house in Jersey City Heights, close to Washington Park, close to the bus stop and near the shops and everything. I would be moving to the house on June 1st.

Friday, May 11

We went to Spiderman 3 on Friday night, first movie of the US trip in 2007. Movie was utter crap though. Im a spidey fan and it was a big disappointment for me. That should be obvious from my previous post.

Saturday, May 12

I drove! It was not as difficult as I imagined. It is way too easy when compared to driving in India. But, in the highways, it takes some getting used to, keeping the speed and knowing where to exit and when is quite a challenge. Driving on the right side of the road is something I had to remind myself to do, a couple of times.

Then, we went to Rasoi, the Indian restaurant on Oak Tree Road in Edison. We went to the buffet in the afternoon, it was very good. It costed 13$ per person and for the number and quality of the food items, it was well worth it.



In the evening, me and BIL played Tennis for around an hour. My first attempt, its really not that easy to play. All the time I saw it on tv and other people play, I thought it was no big deal, but it was really funny when I played, I could almost never always keep the ball within the court. It was fun though. Hope to make time and play once atleast every week.

Sunday, May 13

And today, we went to Six Flags Wildlife Safari that is located in Jackson, New Jersey. It is close to an hours drive from sisters place. I drove, with bro-in-law's help. The Wildlife Safari was quite good, it is supposedly the world's largest drive-thru safari outside of Africa. As per their website, this 350-acre wildlife preserve stretches 4.5 miles and features 11 themed sections with nearly 1,200 animals.



We basically have to drive through the entire stretch in our own vehicle, its exactly like it is in the movie Jurassic Park. All the animals just roam around, there is a paved road that goes through the entire stretch, we can stop wherever we want on the road, near the animals we want to see. We went in around 10.30 Am and we saw Giraffes, Deers, Rhinos, Elephants, Ostritches, Peacocks, Lions, Tigers, kangaroos, monkeys etc. We also had a couple of close encounters with a couple of Giraffes and an ostritch. The lions, tigers and elephants were caged (obviously), that was a bit of a downer. All in all, it was worth the money. Not great though, I would call it a well spent 2 hours, a good outing.

It has been hectic this week. Need to catch up on some sleep and rest. Have uploaded few pics to flickr -> Click here .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ensoi da...

Rex Maximus said...

Nice close-up (it technically is not a macro) photo of the ball. The second one of you playing is a well timed capture. Good that you are having a nice time there. Enjoy!!!

Rajesh Gunasekaran said...

Thanks mr maximus!

About the macro shot, I thought so too! But there are a couple of macro modes in the camera and I shot the tennis ball photo using that mode.

btw, I wanted to ask you, any pointers for digital photography on the internet?

Rex Maximus said...

You can start with photo.net. They have an good tutorial for starts. you can also searching for the e-book digital photography simplifed (dun remember exactly where I downloaded it from). For some practice you can try the lessons on morguefile.com. Finally if you don't mind spending some money 123di is the absolute best.