Monday, May 21, 2007

my own!

Last week, bought the domain name www.grajesh.com. Finally I have my own identity online. Hurray. Going forward just type in www.grajesh.com, note that without the www, it wont work.

It took me some time to figure out how to use my own domain name with third party hosting like blogger. So, basically I just bought the domain name 'www.grajesh.com' and then I linked it to my blogger account http://raj-esh.blogspot.com .The reason thats a good idea is because hosting solutions (storage space, bandwidth etc) are expensive, in this case however, I dont have to buy any hosting solution, blogspot does the hosting for me, its free.

It was not the easiest thing to do though, had to sit on the forums for quite some time to figure out how. In the end, couple of articles helped me to fix it. If ever you think of buying your own domain name, refer them -

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=55373
http://bloggerstatusforrealbeta.blogspot.com/2007/01/google-custom-domain-case-study-1.html

Rediff sucks

I also did register rajeshg.in through rediff hosting solutions. Rediff is one of the #@$#@$#@ companies on the planet. How else can one justify not having a customer care number on their website. They just sell you the domain name and forget, no customer care, no guidance, no nothing. Atrocious!! In short, I bought the domain name and was not able to use it because rediff doesnt provide any facility to forward or link to third party hosting solutions. In short they robbed me of some 800 bucks and there is nobody to help. Rediff domain is so full of s#$@. I hate them so much. No quality in articles, no priority to customers be it rediff shopping or anything.

My since advice to everybody out there, never trust rediff. Instead you can give your money to charity.

flickr

I also got myself a flickr pro account last week. Flickr is so cool if you have a digital camera, just now have started to explore it, over the next one year i guess it is going to become one of my addictions in the internet.

No comments: